This page is intended to answer some of the more common questions we recieve.
By contacting us and answering a few questions prior to sending your deposit.
A $200 (nonrefundable) deposit must be received by us prior to your name and your picking order of puppies being added to the official list.
Your puppy comes with a 1 year health guarantee. They also will come with a puppy packet with all recommendations and their AKC registration forms that you will need to fill out and mail to AKC if you choose to register your new puppy. Your puppy will come with a blanket that mama has slept on and a toy that the litter mates have all played with and has their scent on. They also will be going home with a small bag of Purina ProPlan puppy food and a couple of toys.
Puppies will be ready to go to there new homes @ 8 weeks old.
New Puppy Checklist
1. Puppy food and low calorie puppy treats (recommend CharlieBears)
2. Water and food bowl.
3. Safe toys (toys that can’t be torn up, chewed apart, swallowed, or entangled)
4. Bed (buy to fit grown dog)
5. Crate for training and travel. (medium size kennel)
6. Collar and Leash- recommend a 6 foot leather leash
7. Puppy ID tag- highly recommend having your new puppy micro chipped
8. Dog Grooming brush, comb and nail clippers. puppy shampoo and conditioner.
9. Flee and Tick products- Frontline Plus (for flees) and Heartgard Plus (for ticks)
10. Pooper scooper and doggie waste bags with dispenser.
11. Puppy training book or videotape. I recommend you enrolling your puppy in a puppy socialization class and a minimum of 1 obedience class. Check with your local clubs about classes
It is mandatory that you have your veterinarian check your new puppy within 3 to 5 days after arriving at your home. Your puppy will have had their tails and dew claws removed. They will have had their 1st combination of vaccinations at 6 to 7 weeks of age, been wormed 3-4 times and will have had their health check prior to going to their new homes. They will be ready for their 2nd combination vaccine at 9 weeks. The 3rd combination vaccines at 12 weeks etc.
Find a vet that has experience with Springer Spaniels. One that you and your puppy feel comfortable with. A vet that cares as much about your puppy and it’s health as you do.
If your puppy is sold on Limited registration, females should be spayed prior to their 1st heat cycle. Usually at 6 months of age. Males should be neutered between 6 and 10 months of age or as recommended by your vet. ****You are required to send Whispering Pines a copy of the completed procedure either in a copy of the billing from the procedure by email or the actual billing.
Yes you may. We have much time and love invested in all of our puppies and feel we have found the best of homes for all of our gorgeous pups. We are in this with you and will not abandon you or one of our puppies no mater what.
As soon as the puppies are 2 weeks old. The first 2 weeks are the most critical for the newborns so it is a strictly enforced policy that no visitors are allowed 2 weeks prior to the pups being born and not till 2 weeks after they've arrived.
As much as I'd love to meet your wonderful pets, for precautionary reasons I have to request that you do not bring them with you on your visit.